With just the pasta, meat and sauce, you'd think you were having a spaghetti-like dinner, but it's amazing what big a difference it makes just by adding in the sour cream and mozzarella cheese! You will swear you were eating a lasagna!
I think the only thing missing from our dinner was some garlic bread, so make sure when you are at the store getting the ingredients for this dinner recipe that you pick up some garlic bread too!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups of uncooked pasta - I used half a 16 oz/1 lb box of Mantia's Rotini
- 1 lb of ground meat - I used Jennie-O's Ground Turkey
- 1 jar of marinara-like pasta sauce - I used Ragu's Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 8 oz container (or 1 cup) of sour cream - I used Daisy's Pure & Natural Sour Cream
- 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese
- Optional: Diced or Stewed Tomatoes
You'll Also Need:
- Large Pot to Cook In
- Skillet to Brown Meat
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cup & Teaspoon (optional - I eyeballed)
**All ingredients found at my local Sav-a-Lot - not a sponsored post.
- Tomatoes: I served my pasta over shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes, so I didn't add any to the pasta, but some fresh diced tomatoes or even canned dice or stewed ones would be a great addition to the pasta.
- Garlic Powder: You can replace with Italian Seasoning
Step 1: Cook the pasta according to the package - mine was 13 minutes for al dente - meanwhile, brown the meat, drain and set aside.
Step 2: Drain pasta, and return to pot.
Step 3: Add in meat, sauce and garlic powder, then sour cream and mozzarella. Mix well.
*You can also add in diced tomatoes if you have any.
Now, enjoy :) I served mine with some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and leftover mozzarella cheese. This meal was a big hit in my house. Todd and I ate some for dinner, and had leftovers the next day for lunch.
Please DO NOT claim this recipe as your own nor should you sell my recipe, and DO NOT re-publish my photos as your own. DO NOT copy and paste my recipe anywhere, link to it instead.
If you love to bake/cook (and/or craft) too, I would love to see your photos and get your recommendations! Join the EyeLoveKnots Crafting Community to share your creations, and see what other's are up to!
Don't miss out on new crochet patterns, reviews, jewelry tutorials and more! Subscribe to EyeLoveKnots by using the box on the right side toolbar, or follow me via Bloglovin!
You May Also Like...
Mexican Lasagna, Dinner for 8 in an Hour - An EyeLoveKnots Recipe
Sausage & Peppers Penne Pasta, Quick & Easy Dinner - An EyeLoveKnots Recipe