12.03.16 UPDATE: We still had a few straggelers, and even a week later when I had the last couple, they were still soft and delicious!
Prep: The first half up to sticking the dough into the fridge took me about 20 minutes, then I waited on it for half an hour, worked up my balls in about 20 minutes and then popped in the oven.
Bake: 22 minutes
Cooling: 2 hours, 6 minutes
Total: Nearly 3 hours, 45 minutes
- 1 Vanilla Cake Mix - I used Betty Crocker's French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 8 tablespoons of butter, melted - I used a whole stick of Country Crock
- 1 egg - mine was medium sized
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened - I used half an 8 oz box of Great Value
- 2 cups of Oreo cookie chunks
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips - I used Nestle's
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips - I used Nestle's
**All ingredients were easily found at my local Walmart - not a sponsored post.
You'll Also Need:
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Measuring Cup
- Cooling Rack - I found a 3-Tier Cooling Rack at my local Sav-a-Lot for $7
- Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookie Recipe by Inside BruCrew Life
I combined my cream cheese and stick of butter in the mixing bowl first, and popped it in the microwave for a couple rounds of 15 seconds. This helped to soften them up for the combining.
When it came to the Oreo's, I found that 8 cookies makes 1 cup. I did 8 at a time in my measuring cup, and used a spoon to break them into chunks and semi crush.
I rolled my balls to be about 2", and baked for the given time. I found that my first batch definitely didn't take the shape they were supposed to, so I baked my second batch for 11 minutes (even though the recipe says not to over bake), and they came out perfectly to taste and shape.
In between batches, I put my dough back into the fridge. It definitely gave the dough a nice, solid feel so rolling was quick and easy, and not a big mess.
Now to make your own, go check out Jocelyn's Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookie Recipe!
If you love to bake (and/or craft) too, I would love to see your photos and get your recommendations! Join the EyeLoveKnots Crafting Community to share your creations, and see what other's are up to!
Don't miss out on new crochet patterns, reviews, jewelry tutorials and more! Subscribe to EyeLoveKnots by using the box on the right side toolbar, or follow me via Bloglovin!
You May Also Like...
Strawberry Cream Bars - Recipe Review by EyeLoveKnots
Apple Spice Cupcakes - Dessert Recipe by EyeLoveKnots