Sunday, February 1, 2015

Spring Has Sprung Scarf - Valentine Inspired - Crochet Pattern Review

*Welcome to Day 1 of my 14 Days of Valentine's Inspired Crafts. Make sure to tune back in every day for the next 13 days to receive your inspiration! Don't forget to subscribe, and follow me on Bloglovin'!
**My 14 Days of Valentine's Inspired Crafts Linky Party will also be going live TODAY at 3:00pm IS LIVE!. Please come link up your projects, recipes, stories, decor ideas, etc!

 I first worked this Spring Has Sprung Scarf pattern back in April of last year as part of a crochet challenge posed by Mikey of The Crochet Crowd - check out my original pattern review - Spring Has Sprung Challenge!. This is a really beautiful pattern, and easy to memorize. I have tried it with several different yarn types, though I have not written up posts with them all, this is a great pattern to use nonetheless.

Materials I Used:
     - 2 Skeins of Red Heart Boutique Treasure Yarn in the Floral colorway
     - I9/5.5mm Hook (less than recommended)
     - Button Up Neck Warmer, Free Crochet Pattern

Material Notes:
     You will have a small amount of yarn left to add to your yarn scrap bin.
     I did go down a hook size. I felt that the looseness was taking away from the definition of the lacy pattern. Though a K10.5/6.5mm crochet hook is the recommended size hook for the yarn, I will be sticking with a 5.5mm on all future projects using the Boutique Treasure yarn.

Yarn Alternatives:
     Red Heart's With Love, Deborah Norville's Everyday Soft, Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice, Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn.

Time Spent: 
     I spent approximately 3 minutes per 4 rows, for a total time of just over two hours including my weaving.

Measurements:
     5.5" wide by 60" in length. 54" length notes in Pattern Notes below.

Gauge:
     Using a 5.5mm hook and the Boutique Treasure yarn, 8 rows as written = 3".

Pattern Notes:
     To complete this pattern to a 54" length, you will need to work 141 rows.
     To complete this pattern to a 60" length (as I have), you will need to work 159 rows.



Don't Crochet but Interested in Purchasing Your Own Spring Has Sprung Scarf?
I do have some of these scarves up in my Etsy shop. I am happy to make this scarf is any size including toddler, child, this teen/small adult size or large adult size, as well as in any color of your choice. Check out these yarn options: Boutique Treasure (Wool/Acrylic), I Love This Yarn (Soft Acrylic), Everyday Soft (Soft Acrylic), I Love This Cotton (Soft Cotton).
In Mosaic Colorway.
In Abstract Colorway.
Linked Up To...
Motivational Monday - Curly Crafty Mom, Burlap and Babies, Dwelling in Happiness
Show and Tell Link Party - Flamingo Toes
Inspire Me Monday - Week 162 - Create With Joy
Link Up Party #33 - So Much at Home
Craft Schooling Sunday - Creative Jewish Mom
Tutorials & Tips Link Party {195} - Home Stories A to Z
Submarine Sunday #110 - Navy Wifey Peters Aboard the USS Crafty
Hit Me With Your Best Shot #55 - One Krieger Chick
From Dream to Reality #154 - The DIY Dreamer
Worthwhile Wednesdays #55 - Crafty Allie
255th Inspire Me Tuesday - A Stroll Thru Life
Be.You.Tiful Link Party #57 - Fry Sauce and Grits
Your Whims Wednesday #200 - My Girlish Whims
{Wow Me} Wednesday #192 - Ginger Snap Crafts
The Handmade Hangout #35 - Too Much Time on my Hands
Pin Junkie Pin Party #104 - The Pin Junkie
The Sunday Showcase No 274 - By Stephanie Lynn
Create Link Inspire {64} - Kleinworth & Co
The Party Bunch Linky Party - The Idea Room / Thirty Handmade Days
Made by You Monday - Skip to my Lou
Link Party Palooza - Tatertots and Jello / I Heart Naptime
Funtastic Friday #12 - Olives n Okra
Crafting Along #79 - Be a Crafter XD by Maz Kwok
Link Your Stuff - Anniemarie's  Haakblog

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Alexandra -
    That's a beautiful scarf; I love it in every color!
    -Jenny from crochetistheway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do I! And there are others of the same to try out. hehe.
      Thanks for stopping by Jenny!

      Delete
  2. Your patterns are always so pretty! This is another gorgeous one. Thank you for sharing at the Motivational Monday Link Party. Hope to see you again Sunday!

    Bethany from The Southern Couture

    ReplyDelete