Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Plastic Canvas Alphabet - Sugar Tart Crafts - Pattern REVIEW



I have been thinking about joining in on the writing up my own patterns and selling them on Etsy thing. I really do enjoy writing up and being able to share free patterns but I have a few that I worked up prior to starting my blog that I haven't shared yet. They are more detailed than other patterns I've shared so far, and the only reason they haven't been shared yet is because they aren't in season.

Today, I thought I'd sit at work and work up an alphabet set in plastic canvas that I could turn into a PDF and post as my first paid pattern. Before beginning, I did a quick search on Pinterest for "plastic canvas alphabet" and was blown away by all of the free patterns available for almost the extra same idea I had in my head, and tons of others I hadn't even thought of. I threw out the idea of creating a pattern for the letters being that there were so many other great patterns already available. One of the first ones I looked at was the Plastic Canvas Alphabet by Toni of Sugar Tart Crafts which she first shared at Mess for Less as a guest blogger. It was perfect for the name banners I wanted to make for my little cousins, Tyler and Madison, and she even had an example of one on there!

I absolutely LOVE these letters. They are so useful for many things! For example, you could string them up to make a name banner (like I plan on doing!), use them to decorate a plaque, sign, or wreath, make them 3D and use as self-standing or ornaments (which I plan on doing!), add magnets to the back to teach little ones among so many other ways! Feel free to send in any of your requests!






This review will probably be a little shorter than my other ones being that I don't have much in progress or assembly photos but still a good resource for time and materials!

Materials I Used:
   - 1 Sheet of Plastic Canvas 7 Count 12" x 18" in Clear
     *But I would recommend Darice Stiff 7 Count. This stiff sheet will ensure your letters don't curl or lose their shape.

Time Spent:
    The longest cutting time was six and a half minutes for the "S", and the shortest was a minute and a half for the "T" and "L". 

The average for cutting was about three and a half minutes.

Measurements:
   Letters are 3.25" tall, and they vary between 2" and 3" wide (depending on the letter).





Don't Stitch on Plastic Canvas, but Interested in Purchasing Some Letters?
I will be adding solo letters both unstitched and stitched, name banners and 3D letter ornaments to my Etsy shop. Feel free to send in your custom requests! You can find some color options here: Red Heart Super Saver, Bernat Super Value, Caron One Pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment