Sunday, February 9, 2014

Ceramic Tile Coasters! For St. Patrick's Day, Spring, and Easter

I have been trying to build up my Etsy shop with new things. I came across a pin from Design Improvised and decided to further investigate the site. Haeley has such cute and simple crafts that don't take very long or break the bank. 
While searching, I came across a post on Coasters, with full Tile Tutorial provided through The Cottage Mama.

Since I was at work when I was looking around, I pulled up Lowe's website and searched for the price of the bathroom tiles. SIXTEEN CENTS EACH?! Must do! 

I first made a trip to my local Hobby Lobby store and went down the aisle with single patterned papers and picked aaaaaallllllllllllll of the pages that looked like they could be for St. Patrick's Day (March 17th), Spring (March 20th - June 21st) and Easter (April 20th) - 41 sheets in total and 50% off each one!
I also picked up some Mod Podge. I had never used this before, nor did I know which one to buy when I got there. I ended up getting the one that was a multi-surface type - Classic Matte I believe. After I got home, I found a Guide courtesy of Amy at Mod Podge Rocks. I think I made the right choice.

A trip to Lowe's followed Hobby Lobby to get my tiles.

And then home to start!! 

The tutorial was very easy to follow. The most difficult part was the waiting in between coats.

The coasters have been tested and are a success! And now up for sale in my Etsy shop! There are ssssoooooo many paper choices. I welcome custom orders! And feel free to mix and match.

*Not set up yet, but custom photos will also be available soon on the coasters as well. Even though, the process is the same, I want to test out the paper thickness before adding this to my shop.

Rather than have a super long post here, I decided to break it up into 4 posts: This one, Coasters for St. Patrick's Day, Coasters for Spring, and Coasters for Easter. Many more to come. If anything, they will make great gifts! And on my own dining room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment