Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Crochet Blue Winter Hat and Scarf - Pattern Review

Second Winter Hat and Scarf completed!


This pattern is courtesy of favecrafts. It was very easy to follow - good for a beginner.

My choice of yarn was the Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Collection in the color Cirrus - chunky, self striping yarn of blues mixed with white. I do really like the Bernat Softee Chunky yarn, but the Premier Yarns happened to be on sale at the time of deciding to make this project. It is also a very good yarn and I would consider it to be a good alternative to the Bernat Softee Chunky yarn.

The pattern states using Bernat Softee Chunky yarn of 80 grams, it should take 3 balls of yarn to complete; however, the yarn I used had 100 grams and it took me just under 4 balls of yarn to finish. The pattern also states to make scarf to measure 48 inches long but it really wasn't long enough so I added an extra two inches to it. I like my scarves on the shorter side but if you're going to knot it around your neck, I recommend making it a little longer, probably around 60 inches or so. 


This Crochet Blue Winter Hat and Scarf Set is available through my Etsy shop as a set or individual items.
Customization is always welcome! So if you'd like this in a different color, or want the length/width adjusted, I'd be happy to custom make something for you! Hat Pom Poms and Scarf Fringes are also an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment